Save NZ $259.80
The handmade decanter distinguishes by an elegant and complex design. Modelled after a musical horn’s coiled shape, the decanter is formed freely without the help of any moulds, and proves extremely difficult to create. Requiring three master glassblowers’ efforts, the horn’s form is mouth blown with two openings on either end, the larger of which is to be used for both receiving and pouring wine. The decanter’s clear crystal colour is accented by a large regal golden yellow stripe outlined by two black lines following the contours of its curved silhouette. The Horn decanter “double-decants” wine, a technology developed by Riedel to accelerate the aeration of wine by the creation of a vacuum within the vessel
- Gift Boxed
- Height: 37cm
- Capacity: 2.5L
- Brand: Riedel
- Handmade - manual production
- Year of design: 2014
- Cleaning: Recommended to use Riedel decanter cleaning beads
There can be delays on supply (should we be out of stock at time of order). Should you wish to confirm availability prior to ordering you can email.
Read more about Riedel
Why decant a wine?
- aged wine - to eliminate the deposits that have formed over the years. Decant an aged wine just before serving.
- young wine - to gain some maturity, aerating will 'soften' the wine. Decant a young wine up to several hours before serving (depending on its origin and structure).
- champagne - to "awaken" a vintage champagne. Decant just before serving (to avoid excessive oxidation caused by the effervescence).